● A HES applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
1. Be an US citizen.
2. Be above the age of 18, who processes a high school diploma or above, have excellent academic performance in his/her most recent formal educational study experience and be of good moral character and not have any criminal records.
● Applicants with one of the following qualifications are ineligible to apply:
1. Have the status of being an “Overseas Compatriot Student” or dual national of US and R.O.C. (Taiwan) who has acquired or possessed a R.O.C. passport.
2. Is currently registered as a student at a Mandarin Language Center or has sought a degree from a university or college in Taiwan.
3. Has already received a HES or a Taiwan Scholarship in the past.
4. Is an exchange student to Taiwan in accordance with an agreement of collaboration between an international university/college and an educational institute in Taiwan, during the scholarship period.
5. Is simultaneously a recipient of any other scholarship or subsidy offered by other government agency or any other educational institutions in Taiwan.
<< Back to Huayu Enrichment Scholarship